The Ultra-Light Heavy Duty Sniper Style BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) Jacket Ghillie is made in the USA. It takes 3-5 days to custom build to your specifications. This is the Sniper version which means the front of the BDU Jacket is left bare of Jute material. Because snipers spend plenty of time stalking and crawling around, the front of the BDU is reinforced with a layer of Cordura material. This makes sniper crawls over rough terrain much easier. This BDU Suit has a 3 layer construction design:
The Base Layer is a Military BDU which comes in 6 different pattern choices. These are made by Atlanco. On the front of the BDU we sew a 1000 Denier Cordura Plus fabric. The Plus means the Cordura has a urethane coating which makes it water proof, so you won’t get wet while lying down.
CORDURA Reinforced- the front of the Ghillie Suit Jacket is reinforced with a layer of matching Cordura material.
Multicam is only recommended for Mossy or Desert Pattern Suits.
The 2nd layer is our 1″ x 1″nylon netting. This is sewn directly to the back of the Military BDU Jacket with Industrial strength sewing machines.
The 3rd layer is where our synthetic Ghillie jute comes in. It is hand tied directly to the netting and covers the back of Jacket and also the attached hood.
Our Synthetic Jute thread is: Fire-retardant Water-repellant Rot Proof Mildew resistant Non-Allergenic Contains No UV-Brighteners
BDU Sniper Jacket Specifications
The Jacket is a Military BDU 4 Pocket Coat made by Atlanco. We then sew 1″ by 1″ netting on the back and then hand tie synthetic Jute onto the netting. The Synthetic Jute thread covers the entire back of the jacket, the back of the sleeves and the hood.
- On the front of the jacket and sleeves, we sew a 1000 Denier Cordura Plus fabric. This allows you to slide and crawl on the ground over rocks and through mud with ease. The Cordura has a urethane coating which makes the suit water-proof, so you won’t get soaked when crawling around in wet conditions.
- We have attached 1″ wide Nylon straps to the inside of the sleeves as thumb loops, so the sleeves won’t ride up your arms when crawling. • The front jacket buttons have been removed and Velcro has been sewn on so you won’t feel the bumps when crawling.
- By using netting on the outside of the BDU Jacket, you can add natural vegetation while out in the field. This allows you to change your pattern by adding leaves and other foliage.
- Actual weight for the Medium Regular jacket is 3 lbs.
- Pockets come closed but you can choose to make the pockets accessible
The Hood is constructed by hand tying synthetic Jute thread to 1″x1″ netting and then sewing this to the Jacket. This design helps you to stay cooler by allowing the wind to pass through. It also allows for better hearing.
Care Instructions: If the suit needs cleaning just hand wash and hang it out to dry. On the Jute suits you will need to reapply fire retardant after washing.
NOTE: This is a custom built item. Once built there are no cancellations or returns. We do accept size exchanges and this is subject to a 20% restocking fee.